Welcome to my blog!


I am a lefty. I write vertically, cannot use can-openers and was recently foiled by a right handed ladle (I will have my vengeance...) but more than this, I generally seem to approach life from a different angle. I appreciate that this may have nothing to do with being a lefty and may just be my own dysfunctionallity, but after earning the nickname 'Lefty-Flip' after a frustrating game of Guitar Hero, it seemed an appropriate title for this blog.

Friday 14 February 2014

Busy doing Nothin'

A few years ago on Valentines day, I spent the evening consoling my housemate, whose boyfriend was stuck at work. Everyone else it seemed was having such an amazing evening, just look at all their posts on facebook; every other post was a picture of flowers, cards, chocolates (or worse yet a photo of plate of food) and gushing posts about how lovely their other halves all were.
I stand by what I said at the time, I doubt very much that the people having the best valentines day were the ones posting about it every few minutes on facebook! Lets be honest, if you're really having that good a time with the person you are with, facebook will be the last thing on your mind!

And yes that really is going to be my excuse for neglecting this blog - I've been having too good a time to stop and post about it!

In all seriousness, this blog was supposed to be about my writing (cat pictures? What cat pictures? *Ahem*) and for the last 9 months or so my writing has taken something of a back-seat.
My little family of me and the cat has more than doubled, and now includes boyfster, sproglet and a tank full of guppies.



And some cannibalistic Tetra, but they are still in my bad books

To say it has been a busy year would be a massive understatement!

But things are settling down, I am no longer living between two homes, fish cats children and books are all finally under one roof, and this weekend I am looking forward to getting back to some quality writing time!

Hurrah!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All sensible comments welcome! Spam will be fried and eaten.