Welcome to my blog!


I am a lefty. I write vertically, cannot use can-openers and was recently foiled by a right handed ladle (I will have my vengeance...) but more than this, I generally seem to approach life from a different angle. I appreciate that this may have nothing to do with being a lefty and may just be my own dysfunctionallity, but after earning the nickname 'Lefty-Flip' after a frustrating game of Guitar Hero, it seemed an appropriate title for this blog.

Thursday 8 March 2012

Race For Life - The Challenge!

Last year I ran the Cancer Research Race for Life and raised £253! Which was a good start. So this year I thought I’d double that!

For those who don’t know, Race for Life is the largest women-only fundraising event in the UK, and has been running (ha ha – running - gettit?) since 1994.

Anyone who has been to an event will know they can be pretty emotional affairs! The sheer diversity of entrants is always inspiring, as they run, walk or get pushed round the course in their buggy. It’s a wonderful event in which people come together to share their sorrows, their triumphs, but mostly their fighting spirit!

This will actually be the fourth time I have run for Cancer Research and for some reason I always struggle with what to write on the ‘I’m running for…’ banner you pin to your back. I don’t know why I struggle with this, it’s not like I don’t have a reason – like most people I have had personal experiences, and have lost someone very close to cancer.

Like almost everyone.

I think that’s the problem.

I am no different to anyone else.

If you can put your hand up and say you honestly don’t know anyone who has been affected by cancer in some way, then you have led a very blessed (and possibly quite isolated!) life.

If on the other hand you are one of the millions worldwide who have suffered, have lost someone, or have come out fighting the other side - then I am running this race for you.

So I’m scrapping the banner this year – it’s too darn small. Instead what I will be doing is selling space on this here t-shirt.


Anyone who sponsors me, buys themselves a message space – all messages will be written on here and worn with pride.

So if you would like your memories and well-wishes paraded around Lydiard Park in three months time go here to my just giving page.

 You can leave me your message details there, or by commenting on this blog post. You can also find me on twitter @lm_the_sarge and contact me there.

And if I run out of room on the t-shirt, I will write on my socks as well.


PS Training began this week – Updates to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All sensible comments welcome! Spam will be fried and eaten.