Welcome to my blog!


I am a lefty. I write vertically, cannot use can-openers and was recently foiled by a right handed ladle (I will have my vengeance...) but more than this, I generally seem to approach life from a different angle. I appreciate that this may have nothing to do with being a lefty and may just be my own dysfunctionallity, but after earning the nickname 'Lefty-Flip' after a frustrating game of Guitar Hero, it seemed an appropriate title for this blog.

Friday 15 June 2012

I’M GOING TO HOGWARTS!!!!!

I had a lovely sensible post all line up for today, but it’s been bumped because I’m far too excited to talk about sensible things!

Firstly, if you are not aware of the extent of my Harry Potter obsession take a look here, then, if you are brave enough, come back for the rest of this post.

I’ve loved Harry a long time. A good twelve years and counting! Not only was I one of those fruitcakes who camped out till to get the latest book, on more than one occasion I was first in line!



My sister and I have had endless conversations on our imaginary lives at Hogwarts. I would have been a Ravenclaw, Jo fears she’d have been a Hufflepuff. My Patronus would have been an elephant (awesome for stomping on Dementors, less effective at delivering stealth messages…) Jo’s Patronus was a hedgehog – curling up into a ball at the first sign of danger and having to be rolled into battle like a prickly bowling ball.
Neither of us fancied becoming an animagus – I always thought it sounded too much like hard work, and what if at the end of it all you turned into was a slug?
We both agreed that we’d have got into as much trouble as Harry though – how could you live in a castle full of secret passageways and not go exploring at two in the morning?


Well, after all these years of dreaming, we are finally off to Hogwarts!

Tomorrow I shall be boarding a train (sadly not the Hogwarts Express) and heading to the Leavesden studios for the Harry Potter tour! Quite frankly it’s taking all my willpower right now not to run around the office waving a wand and shouting EXPECTO PATRONUM at fellow employees!

If I get my own way, I will stay there forever. I  wonder if work will allow me to conduct business via Owl Post…
I think perhaps I will be forced to leave at some point though, so will be around next week to report back (and of course post about a thousand photos!)

Well that’s it. I’m off to pick my sister up from the station before we head off home to embark on a Harry Potter movie marathon!




Have a good weekend Muggles!

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth Dunn26 June 2012 at 15:52

    Ha, love this. Just chiming in from nicola morgan's blog and was wondering if, from one Potter fan to another, we could help each other out on the road to publication. I'd be interested in doing some critiquing, would you? If so here's my e-mail: raroprincess@alice.it. Let's talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth! Another Potter fan eh? Welcome to the club :-) Will be in touch!

    ReplyDelete

All sensible comments welcome! Spam will be fried and eaten.