Welcome to my blog!


I am a lefty. I write vertically, cannot use can-openers and was recently foiled by a right handed ladle (I will have my vengeance...) but more than this, I generally seem to approach life from a different angle. I appreciate that this may have nothing to do with being a lefty and may just be my own dysfunctionallity, but after earning the nickname 'Lefty-Flip' after a frustrating game of Guitar Hero, it seemed an appropriate title for this blog.

Friday 6 July 2012

The Long Walk

Busy week this week – On Wednesday morning I walked all the way from Cirencester to Swindon on a sponsored walk. For those of you who don’t know the area it’s a good 16 miles!
We started at Ciren at (otherwise known as ridiculous o’clock). The first 6 miles were pretty easy, if rather muddy, going. We arrived in Cricklade looking like we’d spent the weekend at Glastonbury, but I was quite surprised that after only 4 hours sleep, and 2 and a half hours walking, I wasn’t tired at all.

The second leg was not so easy. Though it was easier going underfoot (we were blessed with actual paths now) our brief stop was enough for my body to remember that it would really rather be sleeping. By the time we got to Shaw my legs were no longer my friends and quite frankly I could have slept quite happily in the dirt.

I did save a drowning butterfly along the way though, so, you know, not a wasted trip.
We got to work at , and after a rather extended lunch break, some of us even managed to do some work in the afternoon (or at least pretend quite convincingly).


This was all to raise money for a local charity ABC (Affected By Cancer). So far we’ve raised a good £1000 and counting.  

Job well done, team.

Start at Reading next year?

PS I haven't been slacking off on the writing, oh no, quite the opposite! Update to follow next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All sensible comments welcome! Spam will be fried and eaten.